Saturday, June 25, 2005

Sweater Sampler almost complete!!

Last night after the kids went to bed (no small task!) I managed to get the majority of the sweater sampler finished. I'll do the last remaining step, the "afterthought pocket," tonight after the kids are asleep.

I had no idea exactly how big this thing was going to be. I could literally wear it as a sleeve--it's that long!

I learned SO MANY techniques on this! I especially loved the belt (which is probably why it's a bit too long!), and I can see using it for straps or handles. I want to try to figure out how to make it a bit wider, too.

The close-up picture shows the four different hems taught in the book. The lace one was a real challenge for me--it was my first attempt at lace! Not too bad if I do say so. I also managed to get the tension right on the faire-isle section, as opposed to the Coronet hat below.

The colors for this project are from yarn left over from a hat I made for my little girl, and SHE picked out the colors. It's Simply Soft, 100% acrylic, and I have to admit that I really like it. I might do a sweater for me out of it someday.

No comments: