Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Greg built me a closet shelf

 I'm trying to get caught up documenting some projects, so there may be a bunch of posts all at once practically.

I realized that while I document all of my spinning, knitting, and other fiber crafts on Ravelry I don't do such a good job on other things so I'm going to try to be better about that here.

To start, this is a project that I asked Greg to do and WOW did he deliver!

I wanted a shelf or two in the closet specifically for storing toilet paper and facial tissue since otherwise it gets buries in the closet.

Greg went way above and built this shelf and tissue box holder, while still giving space to store really tall things like the poles for my fake fire effect at Halloween.



That's space that was wasted before. The closet goes back under the stairs (the bottom of the shelf is where the other part of the closet goes under the stair landing) and that triangular space is wasted. 

On the opposite side of the closet we have some tools propped in the corner, so an upcoming project is going to be a rack to hang things like a Shark steam mop.

I absolutely love this shelf though! Now I can just pop into that closet and grab a pack of toilet paper or tissue box instead of having to unbury them in the closet. I'm so thrilled! Happy birthday to me! (I'd asked for something like this for my birthday in October, and then I got sick for two weeks.)

No comments: