Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Spring Thing Shawl blocked

It's pretty pathetic when it takes me longer to get something blocked than it did to make the item!

Here's my finished--and blocked--Spring Things Shawl!



The color is off slightly--the yarn has a bit warmer green tone to it.

The yarn is Jaggerspun's Zephyr lace weight, in the color Basil. I used way less than one 2-ounce ball. I didn't think it was going to block out as big as it did, and I'm pretty happy with the size. It looked tiny when I bound off, which is probably part of the reason I didn't block it immediately.

I haven't worn it yet as it's been either too warm or too rainy, but I'll definitely bring it to guild on Monday evening.

Speaking of K.N.I.T. Guild, I should be working on the newsletter that has to go out A.S.A.P. instead of my blog. :-)

Thanks SO MUCH for all of the wonderful comments on my sweepstakes ribbons!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!! Where did the pattern come from?

Opal said...

It's gorgeous! I like yours a lot more then I like mine. What size needles did you use?

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I've never noticed that pattern before, gonna have to add it to the "I'll get around to it eventually queue!" lol. Please call me tonight if you see this, I can't find your phone # and I'd really like to know more about the K.N.I.T. Guild!

Anonymous said...

Love it!
You probably have plenty of yarn to make a second. If you want a larger size, just follow the instructions on how to increase the repeats for the upper portion of the shawl.

Lacefreak said...

Wonderful job! It looks so light and yet warm. I like that pattern now that I've seen yours. I will have to consider that one.

fleegle said...

Just lovely, my dear!

And no, you don't want to be like me when you grow up--Black Widow lace shawl notwithstanding. But thanks so much for the thought. It made me smile!

Bo... said...

Very beautiful! I'm ashamed that my first shawl project is just plain old garter stitch...aaaargh!!! I've only got a few inches on it, but I comfort myself with the knowledge that by the time I finish it (maybe ten years from now) I might be able to do a lace border on it to make it look better!