So here they are:
Click on the pictures for a better view.
Click on the pictures for a better view.
That's my DD in the bag. :-)
I'm going to send it through the washer and dryer one more time, but I wanted to show it off this afternoon.
Here's how it started:
I'll get some different pics tomorrow that will show the size differnce a little better.
And here it is, finished! It's relaxing just a bit and the centers of the sides are pulling in just slightly, which is neat.
It's 20" from point to point, and I used size 10 cotton crochet thread with a 2.5mm Addi Turbo circular needle.
I can see more of these in my future--this was a great, fun, fast project.
And here's the soft yellow I finally ended up with (the one in the front):
That orange-color skein behind the yellow one is more accurate, although they're both just a hair strong compared to the actual skeins. Colors on a monitor are so hard to get exactly right!
That yellow is MUCH closer to what's pictured on the KnitPicks site than the actual yarn.
I think I'm either going to dye the orange a dark red or try selling it on eBay--I'm not sure which yet. :-) I already have my Kiri shawl that's similar to that orange color, although the Kiri has splotches of yellow/gold/red/orange like the dappling of light through leaves.
I'm also dying my Lucy Bag. It's huge and hard to dye, so I decided to spread it out on a trash bag, pour the dye on and play around a little, then roll it up and put it in another black trash bag and leave it in the sun to cook. Since it was only sunny in that part of the yard for about two hours yesterday, I'm going to leave it for most of today as well. I'm going to try to felt it this afternoon, although I don't anticipate it being finished very quickly! The swatch took SIX trips through the washer to felt to the point I wanted it to, but then that was with warm water on regular cycle, just with the regular wash, not hot water.
The colors aren't quite right, but you can get the general idea.
I started some filet crochet curtains for my aunt, but after two rows I remember that I hate working with small yarn and small crochet hook for long periods of time and that this is NOT a good project for me right now. Well, maybe "hate" is too strong, but I'm just not in the mood for that kind of project right now.
So (like a crazy woman) since I don't have any projects that are close to finishing, I had some Lion Brand Watercolors yarn, just a single ball, and a bootie pattern that was supposed to use almost one ball.
Perfect, I thought, I'll be able to start and finish something TODAY! And I actually DID manage to do both booties today. No, I'm not trying to announce anything--these will be going to charity.
They really aren't as lopsided as they look in this picture! They are identical but I must have messed with them when I was arranging them because they sure don't look the same!
Now I need to block the knitted doily I did last week so that I can take pictures of it. I haven't blocked something like that before so it might be interesting. Stay tuned for later developments....
I've really enjoyed these quick projects. Now I just have to decide which ones go to DD's teacher and which go to the teacher's aid. I was hoping to deliver these tomorrow, but I won't have my act together by then. Thursday is the last day of school so I'm running out of time....
So now I've got to decided what project I'm going to do that I can start and finish in 30 days. I'm thinking about a sweater for my daughter. That would be a challenge because I've never made a sweater before. But, it's small (unlike a sweater for me) and would probably be doable in that amount of time.
On the other hand, there are some lace projects calling to me. The question is whether or not I could get any of them finished in the alloted time period.
Please ignore the big goofy grin--Rori, Rachelle, and Delores (but mostly Rori) were making fun of me. :-)
I'm not sure I'll wear it pinned in the center like that--I'll probably have it pinned up to one shoulder. Kind of like in the pics below. Kind of. But not exactly, since the Diamond Fantasy is a triangular shawl and the Victorian Lace is a three-quarter shape.
And here's the Victorian Lace Shawl being worn:
That's me during show and tell, with the Diamond Fantasy in the chair on the bottom left and my super-secret sock project #2 (another one I'm testing) on the table on the bottom right. Not like you can actually see anything of the socks, or even tell what they are. That's all I'm going to show until I get the go-ahead to post some good pics though.
The Victorian Lace shawl is reeaaally heavy for a shawl, which makes sense because it's made using worsted-weight yarn. I like it though. I can definitely see myself making a sweater out of that yarn (KnitPick's Wool of the Andes).
The three people who read this blog may have noticed that the progress bars on the right-hand sidebar still say that the Victorian Lace Shawl is 95% completed--that's because I STILL haven't blocked out the bottom edge. It hasn't stopped me from wearing it though, so I'll probably not worry about it until I wash it again. Three cheers for inertia!
DD is all ready to have a party again next weekend. And the next weekend. And the next.....