Friday, April 28, 2006

Party Preparations

So tomorrow I'm throwing my first non-family kid birthday party. That is, there will be no family coming other than our immediate family. All of the birthday parties up to now have been almost all family members.

I don't know why people don't R.S.V.P.. I put down my phone number AND email. I still had to call everyone. Sigh. At least now I know that there will be AT LEAST 14 children in my house tomorrow afternoon. I'm not sure how many adults, but I did invite the parents to stay as well.

I invited seven of Gillian's classmates, figuring that because of the late notice (I didn't get my act together and get the invites out until Tuesday) about half would already have plans. So far every kid is coming. And the constant rain today means there's mud outside, so kicking them out of the house into the back yard is out of the question, not to mention that it's supposed to rain tomorrow as well. It's going to be wild!!

I should be cleaning right now but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Here's a picture of what I've put a lot of energy into today:



It's rather amateurish, but I'm O.K. with that--I'm NOT a professional cake decorator by any means. I'm pretty happy with it and I think DH was surprised. He wasn't quite sure how it was going to turn out when I told him what I was going to do. He really wasn't sure about it when he walked into the kitchen and a naked Barbie was sticking up out of a cake. LOL!!

The important thing is that DD loves it. I used two cake mixes so it is one heavy cake! I'm going to have to bake another cake, just a simple sheet cake, to have enough to feed everyone though. That's also what I should be doing now. But oh, no, I'm blogging instead. Anything to avoid housework.

No comments: