Friday, December 04, 2009

Christmas Musings

We're almost totally decorated around here, thanks to the kids! They did a fabulous job.


(The star at the top is a color-changing LED one that's pretty neat, but I can NOT get it to stay straight.)

I have a bunch of presents that still need to be wrapped and put under the tree, but that'll wait until Monday (or later) when the kids are at school.


The kids did the whole village themselves, including getting things out of the boxes and (mostly) putting the empty boxes away.

I haven't put up lights outside yet, but I think we'll put up the inflatable after school today. Tomorrow is the annual Christmas parade, and Gillian's Brownie troop will be marching in it again. It should be fun! We really enjoyed the parade last year.

-------------------------------------------------------

Someone asked about my toe, and I'm happy to report that it's no longer swollen and unhappy. If it gets stepped on or bumped hard it's still painful, but it's not bothering me to walk any more thank goodness.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm still knitting up some Christmas gifts so I can't post too much at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------

I have to get a bunch of quilts done before Christmas so I'm going to get back to it. I read about a neat trick for easing in full areas when quilts aren't flat, and I'm impressed with how well it works. With the quilt under tension on the quilt frame, I spray it down quite thoroughly with water. As it dries is gets a little smaller. I managed to eliminate 1.5" of fullness (from a 12" area) with repeated applications of water, so I'm pretty happy.


I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: