Thursday, June 23, 2005

Sweater Sampler

For the past few days I've been working on my sweater sampler (or "what in the world IS that??") from Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee. It's really a trip—it kind of looks like a sleeve from The Twilight Zone or something. My husband just looks at it and shakes his head. He's truly a wonderful, wonderful man.

If you go here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thingalong/ you can see what others' look like. Mine isn't going to look quite like any of those....

I seem to be having some difficulty following directions, although I've decided it's nothing crucial at this point. I keep having to put it down in the middle of something when my kids need me, and some of it is too new to even TRY to work on when the kids are awake (but I keep doing it anyway...).

My sampler will just be a little different from everyone (anyone!) else's. Not to mention that it's bright citrus green and cyan.

I'll post pictures as soon as it's done. I think I'm about 2/3 of the way done, which is good, since the book is on interlibrary loan and it's due on the 4th of July. I think I'm going to have to obtain a copy for myself since it's just FULL of good reference information.

Of course, what I should be doing is working on my quilting UFOs. Oh, well.

No comments: