Thursday, October 19, 2006

Chickens have been counted!

The results are in, and the chickens have hatched! All ribbons did belong on my items, so that makes me happy.

I've been bad about posting lately, and I'm blaming my parents. (Hi, Mom and Dad!) They were here visiting and we had a great time, but I didn't want to spend the time on the computer to post. I know I'm going to miss something I meant to blog about, so this might be a multiple-part posting. :-)

First in the catching up, here's Rori and her hat she's making for her SIL:

Before felting above, and after:

It's really cute! The pattern is from Fiber Trends and she used Patons Classic Merino Wool. I MUST make one of these for me!

While my parents were here we went to eat lunch with Gillian at her school. I can't show a bunch of the pictures because they have other kids in them, but here's a good one:

Gillian was mad because GrandDad made her put down the popsicle for the picture. LOL!!

And my Mom commented that the picture of Fred in a previous post looked a little "Halloweeny" because he wouldn't close his mouth--he's got a lot of personality, my Fred-cat.

Speaking of my Mom, it's moments like these that I treasure:

Hopefully Gillian will, too.

We also had a little birthday party to celebrate DH's (the 5th), my Dad's (the 13th), and mine, which is toward the end of the month.

Here's Gillian opening her present, which was two more wonderful Yellowstone t-shirts. Those are big hits with the kids! Gillian has tried to wear one or the other of them every day since.


And here's Ryan pointing to one of his new Yellowstone t-shirts, which he wanted to put on immediately:


And if you were wondering if I'd actually let Ryan wear his sweater, the answer is "yes."

Whew! That's enough for now--more tomorrow night, hopefully.

1 comment:

Opal said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. Ryan looks great in his sweater! Or is it the sweater looks great on Ryan? :-D