Sunday, November 25, 2007

Why are we doing this again?

I just realized that in the chaos of everything that's been going on, I neglected to post pictures of why we're remodeling that bedroom:

This 14' longarm quilt machine is going to go in there!

I'm very excited about it. I'd stopped making quilts because I knew that I didn't have a chance in hell of quilting a bed-sized quilt on my Bernina sewing machine. I struggle with crib-size quilts, and there's just no way I'd wrestle anything bigger.

Here's another view, with my parents' trailer in the background:

They brought the machine (disassembled into long pieces) in that trailer from southern Utah all the way here!

And here I am, with the new machine:

I haven't used it much even though it's set up in the garage, because the garage is not the cleanest place in the world and I don't want to get things all messy. Not to mention that it's really cold here right now! I can't wait to get it moved into that room. My family might not see much of me once it's all set up. ;-)

It's not actually a "new" machine--one of my best girlfriends bought it about five years ago, and her back has deteriorated to the point where she can't stand for more than a few minutes, much less quilt. (It really bites. She's one of the most generous people I know, and I hate that she's in so much pain.)

And just because there haven't been many kitty pictures lately, here's one of Squiggy, curled up on the mud-scraping cleaning mat:


It just amazes me that he likes to sleep there! It's NOT the least bit soft.

Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you - what a wonderful new toy to play with! Can't wait to see all your finished quilts! =)

mehitabel said...

Now that is a machine worth redoing a room for! I've thought about taking lessons on one--a local quilt store has them available--but I need to get a few other things taken care of first. I do seem to be able to quilt almost anything on my Bernina 1230, so there isn't the pressure of needing anything but the space to do it in!

Romi said...

Wow! How incredibly cool! I can't wait to see your luscious quilts. :)