Saturday, May 17, 2008

One down, nine to go....

I've been piecing and quilting up a storm, and I finally have a little to show for it.

On April 28 I took a quilt class at a local quilt shop, Sew Flakes, (a HORRIBLE name, but that's what the new owner decided on), formerly Cyrilla's. The quilt is called Simple Simon and it uses the Quilt in a Day Flying Geese ruler. That ruler totally rocks!

This is how my Simple Simon quilt looked last week:

Today I finished the binding and here it is:



I used Hobbs Wool batting, which I'm totally in love with. I hope to nap under this quilt this afternoon/evening and really test it out before I take it over to the shop to hang in their "Stash Buster Series" trunk show. I wish I'd known about those classes earlier because I would've taken more of them.

All of these fabrics came from various fabric stores around San Diego. I had such a good time shopping for all of them, and this quilt barely made a dent in my homespun fabrics stash. When time is less of an issue I'm tempted to make another one, maybe larger. Who knows....

-----------------

On the knitting front, I finished a hat (picture later, maybe) and I've gotten the sleeves and waistband done on Ryan's newest Wallaby.

-----------------

Greg has been doing all kinds of house projects, including replacing the door between the house and the garage (there was NO insulation around it!!!) and taking out the in-wall ironing board and house monitor in Ryan's room. Today he got the wall textured so we're pretty much ready for paint. Hopefully I'll have a bunch of pictures in the next week or so.

-----------------

Have a great rest-of-the-weekend!

.

No comments: