Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quilt finished, finally!

I started this quilt back in 2000 or 2001, I'm not sure which. I finally got it on the machine and quilted, and this afternoon I did the hand-sewing on the binding.

Here is it on the machine:


I'm always surprised at how my piecing isn't as flat as I think it is. LOL! The pic above shows how the quilting makes a HUGE difference.

Here's a pic with my wonderful hubby acting as a quilt hanger:

And a close up of the quilting, although it's still hard to see in the stars:


And just in case you were wondering, here's what the fabric looked like (although this is on the back of another quilt, it's a good pic of what it looked like before i cut it up):


I'm so happy to have this finished! Pathetic that it's taken me so long to finish, but I'm slowly making my way through my quilt UFOs. I'm about 3/4 of the way through my list, I think. Of course I keep finding more stashed here and there.

No comments: