Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wheel Fixed and New Yarn

I'm so impressed with the Fricke company. I got the new parts for my spinning wheel on Monday, and yesterday I put them on and away I went!

I finished the BFL (Bluefaced Leicester) roving:

I got 208 yards from 4 1/8 ounces, which puts it at 806 yards per pound for a heavy-worsted to bulky weight.

The colors in the pictures are slightly off--the red is more burgundy and there's more purple than I could capture. The picture on the bobbin is probably the closest in color.


I finished a project with my hand spun from a while ago but I don't want to post pictures because it's going to be a present for someone who occasionally reads my blog.


Gillian is going to her first sleep-over party on Friday night and she's so excited she's about to pop. Hopefully it'll be a good experience for her, but I'm sure she'll have a great time.


I'm having serious start-itis with a bunch of knitting projects, but I'm NOT going to start a new project until I finish my Dué Amori fingerless mitts. If I can work on them tonight at Panera I might just be able to finish them. Then I have to decide which project to cast on next, but I'm leaning toward Hey Teach from Knitty.


I hope you're having a great week!

1 comment:

knitalot3 said...

Now you know why you *need* two spinning wheels. ;-P
Lisa, in I.F.