Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Knitting and Spinning

I had such good intentions about posting and once again, I'm way behind.

Today I finally took some pictures of various things, so here they are. (As always, click to embiggen!)

Here's my progress on my Morning Surf scarf, which is part of the spin-along/knit-along with the Ply By Night group on Ravelry.





I've tightened up enough on my knitting that I'm using US7s with fingering-weight yarn! Yow!

I got a lot of this project done while at our Knit 1 Drink 2 night, which was an absolute blast.

------------------------------------------------

Last Saturday was Roc Day with the Tulsa Handspinners, and I managed to finish my project. It got the second-highest number of votes which made me happy.


Notice the rock on the left-hand edge. :-) Each bag of fiber included a rock, and that's how I used the rock in my project. It's quite heavy so I'll be taking it off soon.


I made the body of the scarf using single-ply yarn.


The blue/black and coral/black flowers are also from single ply. I'm quite pleased with how well the yarn turned out!



Hopefully I'll get my act together and get back into the groove of posting more often!

------------------------------------------------

In addition to today being an historic day with Obama's inauguration, it's also my sister's 33rd birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!!

1 comment:

Grannie said...

I've just spent over an hour on your blog and am in awe!! How you create all these beautiful items, keep house and raise a family all at once is beyond me! Lovely, lovely work!