Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Holy cow, where did the month go?

I just realized that it's been a month since my last post. No wonder my sister has been bugging me about updating!

At the moment the kids and I are in Idaho visiting my parents, and we're having a great time so far.

This morning we were supposed to go for a small airplane ride but since it was raining, we rescheduled for Thursday morning. Let's hope it clears up by then!

So instead of going flying, my Dad pulled out his neat trains, which are incredible moving works of art. They've got working parts and make all kinds of neat noises.

Here's GrandDad running the train for the kids:


Ryan was really enthralled with them:

Both kids decided to be bridges:

The trains were definitely a big hit!


After that we went up to Rigby and ate lunch (and delicious scones!!) at the same restaurant where my parents had their rehearsal dinner 41 years ago. After that we went to visit my grandma and saw three of my aunts. It was a fun, but brief visit.

Yesterday we went to the Titanic exhibit at the local museum, and it was neat but sad. I learned a ton of things about the Titanic and its sinking, and the kids had a great time feeling the big chunk of ice they had in the exhibit.

Sunday my Dad took the kids to wash the car and run an errand while my Mom and I went to a bead show. It only had two vendors, but we got some neat stuff!

I got some purls. This is the dark strand:

And I also got two light blue strands:



I also got this round bead that I'll use with the stone beads below for a necklace:





I'm really excited about this Labradorite. I've been looking for some for a while, and my wonderful Mom bought this strand of beads and single large bead for me:

The picture doesn't do it justice. The beads flash with iridescence like fish scales.


I also got a little bit more done on my brown socks:


So that's about all I can handle for the moment. I'll work on another post tomorrow.

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Grandmavickey said...

Thanks for the entry, I have been thinking of "bugging" you too. I am glad you are visiting your folks and having a great time. I can't believe it has been almost a year since we were at your house.

I am in Bloomfield NM for an Adair reunion. It is green and has lots of oil and gas refineries and raises alfalfa and sheep. cattle and horses. I am meeting many new extended family members.

Keep staying busy and happy.