Sunday, November 08, 2009

Almost over the bug, and a neat day trip

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been fighting some sort of illness. Everyone else in the family has had a very slight cold, but it hit me like a ton of bricks and has pretty well knocked me down for most of the last week.

I'm finally getting over it, and today I felt strong enough to go with the rest of the family on a day trip up to the Tallgrass Prairie up near Bartlesville. It was beautiful! They normally have a bunch of bison running around, but last weekend they rounded them up and they're penned for a while.

Greg drove, even though he doesn't generally prefer to drive, because I still wasn't feeling quite "with it" enough to drive.

I got some really neat late-fall pictures of the vegetation.


When we first started out on our drive (it took a little over an hour to get to the preserve), Ryan said that he really liked "seeing all the naked trees. But they're not ALL naked!" LOL!


This is a statue by the headquarters of the preserve:





And Mom, here's one of the pictures we'll be using for the family calendar this year:






This building is a landmark in Pawhuska, as the map we printed out said "turn right at the triangular building" (and it *is* tough to miss!). It's kind of hard to see form this angle, but it's definitely like a pie wedge. Ryan said "it's just like a slice of pizza!"


And now it's almost 11:00 at night, so it's time for bed.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

N. Maria said...

What a shame the buffalo were put up...looks like it was still a nice drive.
Hope you are feeling better...I got sick yesterday....