Thursday, January 28, 2010

Extra Bad Blogger - Trachtentuch A shawl

Not only have I not posted for a while, I realized that I never actually posted the finished Trachtentuch A pictures. D'OH!!

It's been a long time, so I'll do a little picture recap. (Warning: gratuitous spinning, knitting, and lace pictures ahead. LOL) I started this project in July and finished it in early September.

First, a collage of the spun yarn. I did this during the Tour de Fleece last year, and luckily my Mom bought eight ounces instead of just four because I ended up using about six ounces.

Here's the start of the shawl:



Shawl in mid-way stage (color is accurate in the first picture, and not in this one):




Shawl pre-blocking:


Blocking, detail:



Blocking, full:

It might not seem that huge, but each of those tiles is 24".

Bad pic of me in shawl:


And this is how I end up "storing" many of my shawls:


I'm thinking about using black wool for Trachtentuch B, but we'll see. :-)

------------------------------------------------------------

There's a huge storm rolling in at the moment and they're predicting that the power will go out in the next day or two. I just heard that school has now officially been canceled for tomorrow. I'm supposed to go scrapbooking tomorrow during the day and then for most of Friday night. I obviously won't be going during the day, and hopefully the roads will still be passable enough to go in the evening. Who knows!

Gillian stayed home sick from school (again) today, and she's much better than she was yesterday. While she watched a movie (Meet the Robinsons) I made a half-batch of laundry soap, so now I'm feeling fairly well prepared for the moment. That's about it for excitement around here. LOL!

Stay warm and safe!

6 comments:

fillyjonk said...

Oh, wow, it's gorgeous! Nice job.

We still have just rain (very COLD rain) here, I am hoping that if the roads get bad TPTB at my university decide to cancel classes tomorrow.

Marianne said...

Another stunningly beautiful lace shawl! and from your very own gorgeous handspun!
aaah yes, our winter storm :^) I'm just planning on hunkering down, staying inside, warm.
Here's to the power staying on!
ps not a bad photo, at all, in fact it's rather nice :^)

old lady said...

Oh wow! You did an absolutely fabulous job on that shawl!! Would you point me in the direction where I can acquire that pamphlet???? I would not share that shawl with anyone.

Lost City Denise said...

This is what I get for not checking your blog lately! I've been in love with this shawl for some time - it's gorgeous!

I've finally cast on mine - although having some difficulty. Second guessing myself mostly.

Unknown said...

This shawl is SOOOO beautiful. I would love to tackle this, but know it would end up being one of those WIPs for a long time. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Lois W.

Unknown said...

This shawl is SOOOO beautiful. I would love to tackle this, but know it would end up being one of those WIPs for a long time. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Lois W.