Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Pneumonia and knitting

I haven't done much knitting yesterday or today--I've been either coughing too hard or too stoned on cough medicine to knit. Turns out I have pneumonia, which explains why I couldn't breathe last night or today. Thank goodness for modern medicine! I'm at least kind of functioning now, even if everything is taking me about 12x longer because I'm having to be very deliberate about everything. The cough medicine has codeine (sp?) in it, so you can imagine how long this little post is taking me.

But I did manage to get some pics PhotoShopped that I'd taken last week:


While I can't quite get the color right in the pictures, I've had a good time with this shawl. It's my "mindless knitting" project and I actually used up the rest of that ball of yarn Friday, I think. The yarn is Kiddy Print in color "6" and I'm using size 15 needles. I've decided that I really don't like using large needles, but I like the fabric I'm getting. It's kind of hard to see in the bottom picture but it's knitted in six wedges, so it's 3/4 of a circle. It's got a garter-stitch band that blends in with the shawl after the neckline, but the neck needed something and I like starting that way.

I was going to go to the Tuesday night Sit N Stitch and get another ball of yarn but not only do I have pneumonia and I'm not leaving the house unless I MUST, but Rachelle of Two Sticks and String, from whom I got the original yarn, is ill with the flu. Ick!

Reverse progress was made on the Diamond Fantasy Shawl, so I decided I'd be better off putting it down and walking away.

Now I'm going to bed with the hope that I'll actually be able to sleep for the first time in four nights....

No comments: