Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Project updates, with pictures

I managed to get some photos taken today, at last.

Here's my latest project, which I really shouldn't have started yet--I'm trying to get a few other projects finished first, but you know what they say about good intentions.



This is a doll from the book "Knitted Toys" by Fiona McTague. It's a great book!
The color is a little off in the picture--that knitted fabric is about the same color as my arm. I had a TERRIBLE time choosing a color for body/face/arms/legs. They had a pink color, but it's PINK. I wanted something halfway between this light tan and pink, but it's not to be had in acrylic locally. Yes, I'm using acrylic--I want this to be a washable doll, since I'm anticipating it'll be treated with as much care as a 5-year-old girl can take--which means not much. LOL!

Here's my ladder-yarn shawl, although it's kind of hard to photograph:


This shawl can be tweaked rather amazingly--I used size US17 needles (I think) which are HUGE so the knitting really moves around. I haven't worn it yet, but I'm planning to on Saturday afternoon. That's Knit Wit Night at Rachelle's house and this will be my fourth one. They're always a good time! This shawl weighs almost nothing, so hopefully it won't add any warmth because it's going to be hot!

And my current progress on Gillian's World Cup sweater:

You can see the buttons (one of them, anyway, on the right) and the reinforcing ribbon (on the left). I still have to sew in the ribbon on the hole side and figure out how to stabilize the button holes, but I'm getting close to finishing.

And lastly, here's the Pinwheel Sweater/shawl that I started last night. I bought the yarn Monday evening when I escaped from the house/children with assistance from my wonderful hubby. It's one of those HUGE balls of bouclé yarn from JoAnn, 11 oz and 850+ yards. (The yarn, not the wonderful husband.) NO stitch definition, but that's just fine for me for this project. I'm not far into it so the color changes haven't started yet, and I'm eager to get to that first one. :-) I figure it'll take a second skein, but I only bought the one to start with. One 40% off coupon = purchasing one ball of yarn at a time. I'm living dangerously, I know.


There are a bunch of things I want to do before we go out of town late next week, but as usual I probably won't get most of them done. :-) I'm definitely an optimist. Then I have to decide what projects I'm going to bring with me. Decisions are so difficult! LOL!

And tonight I'll leave you with a picture of my friend Rori's crocheted cupcake (my knitted one to follow on Sunday, I hope....):

3 comments:

Mel said...

Hee hee hee...

You're just as ambitious as I am when it comes to starting projects.

I have some light peach acrylic yarn here at my house for your doll if you'd like some. I can bring it to Knit Wit night for you. I ordered extra for some dolls I'm making, in case I needed some in the future. I special ordered it from Herrschner's.

Love the shawl. Can't wait to see it. And the crocheted cup cake is too cute! Good job Rori!

See ya Saturday!

tweezle said...

Hi Kat!

I have the same blue yarn from JoAnn's. Cool stuff, but hadn't used it yet, except to work a swatch. I'd love to hear how it works up for the shawl. Is this the pattern from Elann? Are you involed in the Pinwheel Shawl KAL using that pattern?

I love your ladder-yarn shawl. I've been looking at some at Knitpicks (don't you just love that place?!!).

Thanks for the great posts. I love looking at all your projects!

Theresa

Kat said...

Wow, thanks, Mel!! I’d love to see the peach yarn. I didn’t think about Herrschner’s. I might stop on this doll and wait until I see your yarn.

Yeah, I have a serious case of Startitis. ;-) Of course what I SHOULD be working on is Gillian’s cardigan, or Rachelle’s scarf, or the socks I haven’t finished YET, or ….. the list goes on.