Today I finished the left front band, got the sleeves sewn in, the side seams sewn, and the ends all woven in. Woo hoo!
The REAL test is Gillian--she put it on and wanted to wear it in 95 degree heat. I still have to get closures for it. I'm thinking I'll do snaps with decorative buttons on the top so it still looks like it buttons.
While I don't have pics of her in it yet, here are some from earlier this afternoon:
What's with the blue yarn running across the sleeve, you ask? Well, the pattern had sleeves that were only 11.3 inches long. Gillian needs sleeves that are 14.5 inches long. Did I actually look at the instructions and notice this? Oh no, not until I followed the instructions as written and cast off, then held them up and went "there's no WAY those are going to cover those long arms of hers."
So, rather than re-knitting those sleeves (I do two at a time because otherwise I have TERRIBLE problems getting them to be the same) I decided to pull out a row above the garter band at the bottom, knit for an additional 3.3 inches or so, then graft to the remaining sleeve.
Luckily it worked out really well. The sleeves look good on her, which is a big relief. Actually, the fact that she WANTS to wear it is the biggest relief!!
Hopefully I'll have the closures on tomorrow and pictures up tomorrow night. Hopefully.
I've been promising pictures of the Lucy Bag post-felting/fulling, so here they are:
The pattern is in there for size comparison. Just as a refresher, this is what it looked like before dying and fulling: