Friday, March 09, 2007

Egeblad Doily and Spring

It's definitely spring here!

This is a miniature Iris, I think, and the top of the flower part is about 4" above the ground.



Here are some daffodils. They do really well here, apparently.

I'm not exactly the world's best gardner, as evidenced by this weed:

Pretty, but they're all over the lawn. I tend to rip them out when I see them, although so far they're definitely winning.

Now for the doily...

It's roughly 22" across, although I haven't measured it since I made my blocking circle and pinned it down. I took a series of pictures that I'm planning to put together on how to block a lace doily. I can't stand an improperly blocked doily, as my eye goes right to any wonkyness. (Not a real word, but I like it anyway). Bad knitting on my part doesn't help, either.


And a gratuitous lace shot:

The yarn is Baroque crochet cotton. I used size 1s (I think) which were waaaay too small for my recently-changed tension. I don't think this is going to be a doily I'm going to keep, despite how pretty is it.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Hiya, Kat! What beautiful knitting!
Thanks for the pictures of the flowers - we're teetering between winter and spring here in the mountains...last week was freezing, this next week will see an unheard of temp of 70! But, knowing the weather here, we're sure to get snow again before June. (Our last frost date is officially June 15th, but we've gotten frosts on July 4th too)

N. Maria said...

Oh, my gosh, Kat! Your work is fantastic! I also love the picture of the iris!
You are certainly one of my favorite lace knitters as I covet your work. :)

Anonymous said...

Kat, that is a beautiful doily. Your lace knitting is excellent. :) I always have to go down a size on my needles so if it calls for a 1, I would have to use a 0 :P.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,

I really love your pictures! They are amazing.

Daniela

Opal said...

Gorgeous doily!

Maureen said...

What a gorgeous doily... I will be interested in seeing your pics of how to properly block a doily. I am knitting one from "Fresh Knit Doilies". Your work is just stunning!

Louisa said...

Gee, Kat - if you don't want that doily, send it here! It's gorgeous. So how did your tension change recently? I missed that somewhere.

Anonymous said...

The weed is henbit--it's my favorite flower. If you're the adventurous type, it is edible if unsprayed.