Thursday, March 08, 2007

Liz Snella's Doily finished

I still haven't blocked my Egeblad Doily, but that's next... hopefully tonight.


I did, however, manage to get the Liz Snella's Heirloom Doily finished AND blocked last night! I started it Tuesday and finished it Wednesday, so it was a good fast knit. If I did it again I'd eliminate some of the plain rounds in between the first group of petals and the second, but I kind of doubt I'll make it again.

I could have sworn that I took a picture of this doily before I blocked it, but I can't find it on my computer so I guess I didn't.

The stats on this one:
Pattern: Liz Snella's Heirloom Doily from Yarnover.net
Yarn: Baroque cotton, size 10
Needles: KnitPicks Clasic Circulars, size 3 (US)
Finished size: 14½"
Time to complete: 1 day (roughly--Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon)

We've also had some daffodils and iris pop up, but I'll have to post pics later. I had the second of five crowns done today and I'm going to go take a pain pill.

4 comments:

Opal said...

Beautiful doily! I'm sorry to hear you have to have all that dental work done. It sounds painful! I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing project you can cozy up with.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!

N. Maria said...

Oh, my, it is exquisite!
I just bought some of that yarn today to knit a doily. Haven't decided which one yet.
I wish I was there to enjoy your iris'. They are one of three (pansies and african violets, too) of my favorites.
Wishing you well.

Marlene said...

I've been looking around your blog Kat. My your knitting is beautiful. Very inspiring!