I've been remiss about posting, but I'm going to try to get caught up in a series of posts rather than one HUGE one.
Thank you Taueret, Penny, Lisa, Kathy, and Romi for your very nice comments on my shawl! Yes, it will be available as a pattern at some point from Sivia Harding.
First, my current quilt. I'm trying to finish up some UFOs (unfinished objects) and my current one I've decided to name Floral Fantasy:
It's a quilt in Stack-N-Whack style that I started sometime in 2002. I couldn't decide what to put in the "empty" blocks where I didn't quite have enough stack-n-whack blocks for the layout, but I finally decided to just go with it and leave them un-appliquéd. I'm pretty happy with it so far!
Here are some detail pictures of the quilting I'm putting in the background:
And a little farther away:
I haven't started on quilting the stack-n-whacked blocks yet, but that's next.
This is the quilt that I've decided to do after my Floral Fantasy:
I think I started this one in late 2002, although I can't totally remember. (This is another one of those times I remember thinking "Oh, I'm sure I'll remember when I started this quilt! I don't need to write it down." HAHAHAHAHAHA) It's from the book Cutting Curves from Straight Pieces by Debbie Bowles, and I'm calling it Pagodahs (I think that's the name from the book, too). I do remember that I started and finished this while we were visiting my parents in north San Diego with two of my girlfriends, but I don't remember exactly when that was. I have it hanging up so that I can stare at it and try to figure out how I'm going to quilt it.
On the knitting/spinning front, here's my first wearable item from my handspun:
It's a beret and despite some teasing from my hubby (who really IS the most wonderful man in the world!!) I really like it. It's from some of my first handspun. The brown is Navajo plied (I can't remember the type of wool), and the cream is, I think, from some Finn roving that my sister gave me. Of course now I can't remember where I got the pattern, but it starts from the top, increasing roughly every other round until it's around 9" wide, then you knit until it's about 3.5" from the last increase round. I decreased to 20" and then did ribbing for about 1.5" and called it good.
This week I also made these two scarves for charity:
They did a good job of satisfying my urge to FINISH a project quickly.
My next post will be about the sheep shearing I dragged my family to today. :-)