Thursday, March 06, 2008

Yet another catch-up post

I keep thinking of things I want to post about, but when I sit down at the computer my head is empty. Luckily I've started making lists of the things I want to post about. Well, I don't know if that's lucky for you, my dear readers, but at least *I* feel more organized.

---------------

Item #1:
I finally clicked on the number of posts under my Ravatar (Ravelry avatar) in Ravelry, and it listed all of my posts in reverse-chronological order. Up above my avatar it says: "quilterkat is a chatterbox" which totally cracks me up! I've posted 343 times as of today.

---------------

Item #2:
A while back I got tagged by N. Maria for a book tag.
The rules are very simple:
I am to open a book I am currently reading to page 161 and copy the fifth sentence on the page. So here it is, from Stephen Hawking's "A Briefer History of Time:"

Cooling of, 75-76.

Wait, that's in the index. It really is a briefer history of time! I'm also re-reading Barbara G Walker's "Knitting from the Top" but it doesn't go that far, either.

Hmm, I guess I'll have to go for the book that's taking me a while to read because I keep forgetting that Stephen Colbert is a really funny guy and isn't being serious at all; "I Am America (And So Can You!)"

"In the winter months, he'd chop down a neighbor's woodshed so we would have fuel to burn."

So there you go, although I haven't actually read the chapter yet. While watching The Colbert Report, it's pretty obvious that Stephen is using satire, but when I'm reading and he says some totally inflammatory statement that I completely disagree with (again, satire), I find myself getting mad. Then I have to remind myself that it's Stephen Colbert, and it's actually really funny as long as I remember he really doesn't believe all that rot.

All that said, I'm really enjoying the book. Thanks, Mom, for giving it to me for Christmas.

---------------

Item #3:
My husband actually reads my blog! I knew he read it occasionally and that many of my family members read it, but sometimes it just surprises me. The whole reason I started this blog in the first place was to share things with my family without having to constantly email everyone, and it makes it a voluntary thing for them to come look. It just makes me happy that my hubby checks my blog.


---------------

Item #4:
I also got tagged by Andrea of BadCatDesigns with the "Power of 7" list.

The instructions are:
Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. (done, above.)
Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

So here we go...
  1. I have a Bachelor of Science in Communications. I'm sure that doesn't surprise any of you.
  2. I played Sally in the very original stage adaptation of Tommy The Musical. It was a collaboration between the music department and the theater department at Mira Costa College in southern California, and after we did it (and got some publicity after having some contact with Pete Townsend) it got "officially" adapted to the stage at the La Jolla Playhouse and went on to be a Broadway production. In our version, Sally had no speaking lines and only appeared on stage for about 20 seconds. :-)
  3. My fingernails don't grow straight out the ends of my fingers—I keep them short not only because I tend to be hard on them, but also because they look really funny if they grow past the ends of my fingertips.
  4. Moving into our current house was my 18th move. Growing up we moved, on average, every three years. Since I've been married we've moved eight times. We've been in our current house for 3 ½ years.
  5. I'm sporadically dyslexic, mostly caught by spell check (thank goodness for spell check!).
  6. I only own five pairs of shoes, and two pairs of those are slippers. I have very wide, large feet (size 10.5 wide) and it's not easy to find comfortable shoes.
  7. I love doing technical editing and designing. Hmm, maybe that's why I have a line of quilting patterns!

I'm hereby tagging the following seven people: Lisa, Opal, Sivia, Penny, Kathy, Robin, and Rebecca. Sorry, ladies!


---------------

I've got one hat almost completed and another about 2/3 of the way finished. They'll both go to Caps for A Cure, a Yahoo group that makes and gives caps to various cancer treatment centers. I'll take a pic when the light is good and they're finished.

---------------

That's all for now! I hope everyone has had a great week.

2 comments:

Lisa Boyer said...

Interesting facts!! Someone else who is not a big fan of shoes--I hear that!! Thanks for thinking of me for the tag, but I just did one of these recently. It was really hard to come up with those seven; I'm not sure I could think of seven more things about me that I'd want to divulge...hee hee!

Kathy said...

Is this nepotism, Cousin? heeheehee...I'll have to think this one over real well...

Thanks...I think. :-)