Saturday, August 05, 2006

More Wallaby progress

I've made quite a bit of progress on my Wallaby since my last post--I've been trying to spend less time on the computer and more time doing things like keeping my house clean. Oh yeah, and knitting. :-)


I'm into the part where it's not in the round any more, so I'm getting close to the hood. I've decided to not do the white stripes in the hood and I'm pleased with it so far. For some reason I've had a terrible time with the "conversational" style pattern, and since I'm planning to make more of these I'll probably end up re-writing it for me. I lose my place too often when the patterns are chatty. I know some people love them, but it's not my cup of tea for this project.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to make the hood garter or stockinette, and I'm leaning toward stockinette since 1.) my boy runs on the hot side; and 2.) nothing else but the placket is in garter stitch.

Opinions, anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An opinion??? Well me gots one :)

You could do a couple of stripes of reverse stockinette to mimick the white stripes in the rest of the sweater... and it would make the hood more "fun" to knit I guess :)

It really is looking cute that sweater :)

Cheers Eva