Saturday, November 11, 2006

Painting with the Kids, Mud, and Knitting

Greg has been working on the bathroom, and we're finally nearing the end of this project. Today he got the texture done on the walls and ceiling, which means that tomorrow I should be able to PAINT!! He also picked up a toilet, so we may actually have a working bathroom by the end of the weekend!! Mere words cannot describe my excitement. I've really missed my bathroom, much more than I thought I would. Having only one toilet among four people (not that Ryan is using the toilet yet) is NOT fun. I can't imagine what it would've been like for my mom growing up, with eight people sharing ONE bathroom (six kids and two adults).

Here's what he looked like before lunch, after he was finished spraying and texturing:


While Greg was working in the bathroom, the kids wanted to paint so we dragged out the tole painting supplies. I've been accumulating wooden shapes and the kids have used almost all of them. Some of them I've had for a long time, so it's great to see them painted up. This was Ryan's first real painting session--he's daubed paint on things before, but he's never really stuck with it long enough to coat an entire piece of wood with paint. He did great mixing colors and putting the paint on the wood. He held the brush like his sister, and they both did a fabulous job!





For the knitting segment of this post, here's a hat I finished. It's from Red Heart yarn and while I'm not really fond of the scratchy feel before washing, I love the strip effect. It washed up nicely, and is softer, but it's still no where near as soft as Caron Simply Soft. I think this one might get donated to a homeless shelter instead of Caps with a Conscience, since I think it's a little too scratchy for a bare scalp.



Gillian is my model, as usual. It's a bit big on her but then she's five and the hat is for an adult.

No comments: