Thursday, December 21, 2006

I cut my knitting

I can't show a picture (yet) but last night I sewed my knitting and cut it--on purpose! **Gasp**

I didn't even faint.

Of course, the steek isn't done--I still have to pick up the stitches and successfully make the mystery project successful, and all before Christmas. ACK!!!!!! I'm more panicked about getting this project done before Christmas than about doing the steek. It's all relative, I guess!

My sister is supposed to arrive today, or really this evening, and my parents come in tomorrow.

Is the house clean?
No.

Is the room Karen will be staying in clean? Are the sheets washed and bed made?
No.

Is the room my parents will be staying in clean? Is there room to set up the bed? Are the sewing projects finished so that I can take down the machine to make room for the bed?
No.

Should I be updating my blog instead of cleaning like a madwoman?
Of course not. I AM the queen of procrastination!

It's 9:00 in the morning and I haven't showered. Why yes, thank you, I am insane.

Thus ends another picture-less post. It's going to be one long, picture-heavy post after Christmas....

3 comments:

Mel said...

Glad your feeling better Kat!

If you are at the point of steeking than you are 7/8ths of the way done and since there are 4 days left before Christmas I think you'll finish.

I still have a sleeve and ribbing to do. And it has to be ready by Saturday night. Plus, I still need to finish the sock and weave in ends on the hat by Saturday as well.

Then, I need to finish up baby sweaters, a baby hat, a baby sock and an adult hat by Monday morning. So really, I think I out whine your whine by a mile! LOL LOL LOL :o)

Luv ya babe! You and the family have a very Merry Christmas! I'll see you in the new year!

Mel 0:o)

Anonymous said...

You have tons of time yet.... ;-) LOL!

Unknown said...

Hee! I'm one of those weirdo's who loves to clean, So if I lived closer I'd come help!! hehe! Can't wait to find out what this mystery thing is your talking about cutting into and Looking forward to the big blog of pics after Christmas :o) Merry Christmas Kat!