Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow

We got socked by a rain/sleet/snow storm, but the kids have loved it! They cancelled school yesterday, and today schools, as well as a lot of stores, were closed.

I have a lot of pictures to post but for some reason Blogger won't let me! There are no buttons at the top of the window like there usually are, so hopefully pics will be coming later....



Sunday, December 3rd...

K, now that Blogger's temper tantrum seems to be over, I'll continue with this post.

Here's Gillian throwing a snowball Thursday afternoon, during the storm...

Look at those really cold, red noses! They're both wearing their crappy acrylic store-bought gloves that didn't keep their little finger warm AT ALL once they got wet.


They're pretty happy anyway, though.

And I got them to stand next to each other and pose on Friday afternoon. It was sunny but still really cold.


These are some mittens I finished last night (which would be Saturday night).


They're Ryan's, and they got field tested today. He loves them! I'm so happy that both kids like their mittens. No more cold fingers here.

I managed to get Gillian's finished Friday night so that she could wear them Saturday and she loved them. Isn't it wonderful when people love what you make for them?

The yarn for both pairs of mittens is KnitPicks Swish, which totally rocks! I think it's my new favorite yarn. It's really soft, 100% machine-washable wool. I see more of this yarn in my future.

No comments: