Sunday, April 22, 2007

Miscellany and Happy Earth Day

It's been a while since I've posted, so this is going to be another long, somewhat erratic, post.

Yesterday DD lost her third tooth, which has been loose for quite a while. The tooth fairy came to her school last week and delivered little treasure chests for holding lost teeth, so DD took great delight in putting her tooth in that under her pillow. Right on schedule, the tooth fairy came to the house last night while she was sleeping and left a whole two dollars! I'm so impressed with DD--she gave one of the dollars to her brother!!!

It's not the best picture, but it shows the empty space and the tooth in her hand. :-)

Of knitting content, I'm still working away on my Shetland Tea Shawl and I started some socks with the yarn I bought in Idaho Falls. The Hanging Garden Stole and the Rose of England are kind of on the back burner--I'm actually down to three active projects, which is kind of amazing. The third project is the German doily, which I work on when I'm sitting with DD as she's going to sleep. Both the Shetland Tea Shawl and the German doily are in the stage where they don't look like more than a messy bunch of loops, so I didn't take any pictures.

The socks are very difficult to get an accurate picture of, color-wise. This is about the best I could do the other evening:


They're just generic socks, with a slip-stitch heel that's offset on every other right-side row (sl 1, k1 on row 1, k1, sl 1 on row 3). The yarn is Wildfoote Handpaints and I really like it. They're tighter than my last pair with this yarn, which is definitely a good thing.

My wonderful, talented husband is almost finished with the bathroom! Here it is with the crown molding, but before we put in the shower door last night:

And here's the shower door!

It's just luxurious in there now! It's really hard to photograph since it's a fairly small room. Right now DH is painting the woodwork, including the doors, which will be so nice. The people who painted in this house must have been on crack, they did such a poor job (no, I don't really think they were on crack, but they may have not had enough ventilation as they were working ). They did things like painting over tape and those little felt things that you put on door jambs to stop them from slamming. !!!!

On the catching-up front, on Easter Sunday we went to one of the wonderful parks here in Tulsa.

Here's a little left-over evidence of Easter at the park:






Beautiful, even if it was at the end of the blooming.

No comments: