Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Spinning and Snake River Fiber Fair

My awesome, wonderful sister who was probably tired of listening to me whine about how I didn't have any fiber to spin sent me some neat roving she picked up at a fiber fair a few weeks ago:

It's 89% Coopworth/11% silk noil and I'm having a blast spinning it up! The tag says it's called "King's Ransom."

I keep stopping, pulling some off the bobbin and letting it twist back on itself to see how the "real" yarn is going to be. I'm trying not to spin all this up right now so that I can enjoy the process, but it's so hard!! I keep telling myself "just fifteen more minutes, then I'll quit" and then it's been a half-an-hour. LOL!

Time is really getting away from me! I'll be teaching at the Snake River Fiber Fair this year in Idaho Falls, Idaho, and I need to start getting ready for that. I'll be teaching a three-hour class on using and making charts for knitting, as well as a three-hour class making jewelry for your knitting: abacus bracelets and stitch markers. It should be really fun! Unfortunately the other classes I'm interested in taking are on the same day, so that's a bummer. I'll be able to make the dinner on Saturday night and the spin in afterwards, though, so that's good.


For Christmas a few years ago I made my Dad a quilt with trombones on it, and my Mom entered it in a quilt show there in Idaho Falls. Turns out it got a rosette for "best use of theme!" My Mom says she took a picture but they're kinda busy enjoying Yellowstone so they haven't sent it yet. :-) Here's a picture from when they hung it up:


That's about all that's fit to post around here. I've got a sunburn from being outside all day practically yesterday (Ryan REALLY loves his new bike) so I'm kinda tired today. It's rainy today so it's a good day to stay inside and recover from yesterday.

3 comments:

Jeri said...

Very cool quilt, Kat! I love the interlocking instruments. Wonderful texture in the piece.
Thanks again for the comment on my FF&L sweater. You have inspired me so much!

Anonymous said...

thanks! The wheel needs some work done before I can start with it, but maybe I can wait..:) Your yarn looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wonderfull to come across your blog saw the invite on Shawl Knitters group. I am also a spinner, lace and everything knitter. AND ta da da i live north of Tulsa about an hour. Love your blog and love to see what you are up to. Feel free to check my blog out too.