My Mystery Stole 3 was in time out for a little while. I'd taken off the wing and added more length to the cat's paw section, but when I spread it out to admire it (and check the length) I saw this:
Something is not right just above the lifeline. I thought I'd picked up the pattern at the right place, but in reality I was around three rows off.
I just couldn't leave it like that, so I decided to rip it back:
Of course both sides were messed up but I only photographed one side.
It took me about an hour per side (maybe--that's being generous) to fix them, and here's the result:
MUCH better!! The tension issues from working back should mostly come out with blocking, and I'll tweak any of the stitches that don't cooperate.
So as of around 11:00 last night, here's what I had:
And right now I'm working on re-attaching the wing, then I just have to block it!
This has been a fun project (except for my mistakes of course) but I'm ready to have it finished.
I also finished the knitting on my Hanging Garden Stole while this project was in time out, so that needs blocking as well. It's nice to be finishing up a few things!
I also have to block my Shetland Tea Shawl before the fair--it's due next Saturday so I'd better get my act together! I've been waiting to block it so that I didn't need to re-block it before the fair--it's been extremely humid here and things don't hold their block all that well under those conditions.
Have a great weekend everyone!