Saturday, September 01, 2007

Quill Lace Socks finished, with Pictures!

Today I managed to finish the Upside-Down Quill Lace Socks!

Those are the finished socks, with the amount of yarn left over from each ball. The small pile on the far left has only 1.5 yards!!! I weighed the larger one and by my calculations it has more than 17 yards. That's quite a discrepancy! The socks are just a tad shorter than I'd like, but I still really like them.

The kitties had to come and investigate, too:


And then they had to "help" because of course I wanted them to help model the socks, didn't I?!?!

Right sock, with Lenny making sure the camera wasn't going anywhere (by rubbing on it, of course).

And Squiggy, making sure that he's not left out. (Lenny is behind my feet).

I'm pretty excited to have these finished because now I can start on the Scroll Lace Socks for Rebecca!

8 comments:

Penny said...

Nice job!

Heather said...

Now that is cutting it fine!

Lovely socks, your helpers are very handsome too :-)

BadCatDesigns said...

The socks and your helpers are lovely! Really nice work.

Unknown said...

Ah, the kitties are so cute, they may be destined for the runway! ;) What yarn did you use on those socks again? They look comfy and soft. :)

Opal said...

Love the socks and I can't wait to see the Scroll Lace Socks in progress!

Lacefreak said...

They turned out great! I love the color and they fit really well. It must be nerve wracking to have so little yarn towards the end though.

Romi said...

Beautiful! :)

Diane said...

Cat approved socks; can't ask for anything better than that!