Friday, August 31, 2007

It's Like Christmas!

Today the mail man brought me THREE packages, and they all had yarn in them!

First up, the yarn from The Knitter:

One ball is from the contest at I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can and I bought the second because I'm always paranoid about running out of yarn towards the end of a project. They're Zephry wool/silk in the color Basil. Yummy! This came super fast! I emailed Judy at The Knitter and explained about having won the yarn from Susan, and could I please order a second ball, and all that was Wednesday. The yarn arrived today, Friday!! I couldn't be more pleased with how quickly this came.

I can't wait to get started on my Spring Things Shawl! I'm making myself finish the pair of socks I've got on the needles right now (my Upside-Down Quill Socks) before I start this shawl though. And here's why I have to finish the Quill Socks now:

That's the yarn for Rebecca's socks. She gave me a pair of socks that didn't fit her, and I want to make a pair of socks for her in return (hopefully a pair that fits her). The colorway is "peace" and it's a nice mix of mossy greens that I hope she'll like. I figure that I can always over-dye them a little more blue if they're too yellow now.

The third package on my doorstep this afternoon held these four skeins:




Aren't they gorgeous!!

The top one doesn't have a name, but it's 100% wool, 119 yards , 100 grams. The bottom one is 60% silk, 40% angora. Both of them came from Romni Wools in Toronto. The green is from my Aunt Louise and the Angora Silk is from my sister. Thank you both so much!!

I feel so spoiled!!

I think it's really funny that all of the sudden, all kinds of green yarns are showing up. I'm definitely working my way away from all blues and reds.

---------------

I'm almost finished with my Panda Cotton Quill socks. I'm doing some ribbing on the top, basically until I run out of yarn. I'm getting pretty close! It would be neat to finish them tonight but we'll see. Pictures tomorrow when it's light outside.

---------------

Today we attempted to wash the kitties!

Yesterday I picked up a waterless, foaming no-rinse shampoo for kitties, and they emerged unscathed and not mad at all, amazingly. So far I think it's helped with my allergies. Thank goodness!! We'll probably do it again Monday, since they're going to DD's first-grade class Tuesday morning for about a half-an-hour. Could be interesting!!

Here's Lenny, stalking Squiggy (in the next picture):


Of course Squiggy is stalking Lenny at the same time.

And here they are playing:


On the allergy front, I'm back to wearing my contacts instead of glasses (THANK GOODNESS) and my runny nose is gone. Now if only I could get rid of this cough!!

Thank you to everyone who has left comments or emailed suggestions for dealing with my allergies!

---------------

I'm off to go work on my Quill Socks. Of course I should be working on the K.N.I.T. Guild newsletter since it needs to go out on Tuesday at the latest, but the socks are calling me....

Happy Labor Day to my fellow Americans!

4 comments:

Opal said...

Thanks for the gorgeous eye candy. That Basil really is a gorgeous candy.

I can't believe how much those boys have already grown! Wow! I'm glad the baths have helped with your allergies. :-)

Kim said...

Lucky you - a yarn day via postal mail if I ever heard of one! The Fearless Fibers color is lovely. Would love to see 'before' and 'after' shots if you decide to overdye.

Unknown said...

OMG! Yes, I love that colorway Kat! Oooh, now I'm excited. :)

Anonymous said...

You have enough Zephyr to make a very large Spring Things. I'll be looking out for an FO.