Monday, June 16, 2008

Disappointment

I'm horribly disappointed. I spent much of yesterday getting ready to have five of the nine windows in the house replaced (removing window treatments and blinds, moving furniture, etc) and it started raining last night, so now we've had to reschedule for Thursday and HOPE that the weather doesn't continue to be stormy and icky.

The guy from the window company said that they could come out and do a partial installation, but they wouldn't be able to do the mortar work until it stops raining for a while. Then I thought about the mud outside both windows and the fact that the installers will be going in and out, and decided that waiting will be better in the long run.

How disappointing!!! I was really looking forward to new windows, not to mention that I'm not going to put the blinds back up for three days, so we'll deal with no blinds for a little while. Sigh.

I just had to vent a little bit.

-------------------------

Here, look at a sock progress picture, but don't look at the funky sandal tan.

I start these last weekend and haven't touched them for a few days, but I'd promised a picture a while back so here it is.

The yarn is Plymouth's Happy Feet, and it's not as contrast-y in person as it is in the picture. The lace pattern is slightly more obvious in real life. I'm doing them two at a time, toe up, using magic loop.

-------------------------

I've been doing a little bit of spinning, trying to get the rest of that noil-y Targhee roving spun up that I dyed and re-carded. It's totally full of noils which is really disappointing (it came full of noils, which is why I dyed it—I figured it would be a good first roving to dye since if I felted it, it wouldn't be a great tragedy), but I'm going ahead and spinning it thick and thin. I'm planning to navajo ply it. Not sure what weight it'll come out, but possibly heavy sport to DK.

-------------------------

And now it's storming again so I'm going to shut down the computer and go clean out the sewing room so that I can actually work in there, and I might just sulk a little, too. ;-)

No comments: