Thursday, June 19, 2008

Illness, New Windows, and Yarn!

Yeah, another not-very-creative blog title.

It's been a long stretch of illness around here. Late Friday night/early Saturday morning DD had some tummy issues (nausea, vomiting), but was all right by Saturday afternoon. Sunday I spent most of the day in the bathroom, Monday DS had the sickness, and Tuesday it was DH's turn. Yesterday and this morning it was my turn again, but I did manage to avoid throwing up. Yay for small mercies!

Enough of that!!


Today the windows are being installed and I'm just thrilled! Here are some pictures:




NO MORE GRIDS! It's so nice not to have those in the windows. It's already a HUGE improvement over the windows that were in there.

------------------

Here's some of my recent spinning:


It's100% Targhee that was FULL of noils so I knew I wasn't going to end up with a smooth, even yarn. I'm pretty please with how it turned out though!

It's 200 yards (give or take a few) from 3 ounces, which makes it around a worsted weight. I Navajo plied it for a three-ply yarn.

I dyed it a while back, and then I decided to run it through the drum carder I'm borrowing, since it was already full of noils and I figured I wouldn't ruin the fiber any more by playing.

------------------

This is one of my Mom's quilts that I just finished quilting. I'm trying to get hers done so that I can take them to her on Wednesday, but we'll see. Two more to go, although they're small.


More stuff later!

No comments: