Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm officially a bowler

Today was my first bowling league meeting. I did pretty well (for me!) and my official average is 141.

I still don't have a team mate, but we might combine my "team" with someone else whose partner backed out. I'm just happy to be bowling.

------------------------------------------------

I've been knitting but don't have too much to show for it.

I started a double knitting project for Ryan, who requested a blue and red scarf.

I ended up cutting it off because I'm just not happy with it. I need to figure out the technique a little more, since I hate the way the checkerboards don't line up. I know I'm doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what.


I've been working on my Trachtentuch A shawl, although it still doesn't look like much:

It'll look a lot nicer once it's blocked. I ended up having to spin up an additional 2 ounces of the merino/tencel, so I'm really glad I got 8 ounces instead of 4. Thanks, Mom!!!!

I have four more rows and the bind off, then I'll block it. Hopefully by the end of the week....


I've also started another pair of socks. This is again using the Quilted Lattice stitch. I'm in love with it for variegated yarns. This pair is going into the fair instead of my Coupling socks, which have a few too many problems to enter. (Not that they're unwearable, I just don't think they're good enough to enter in the fair.)


I finally got some pictures of my Hanging Garden Stole, which I posted about a few weeks ago. I blocked it on the last day of July.



------------------------------------------------

That's about all that's happening around here. This afternoon I'll take Gillian to her first bowling league meet, which will be fun. She's really excited about it.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Your shawl is gorgeous!