Saturday, August 29, 2009

Temptation

There's so much knitting (and spinning and quilting and beading and scrapbooking) I want to do, but this has caught my attention and I keep coming back to it:

It's a vest kit from KnitPicks, and while it would look horrible on me (horizontal stripes = very, very bad), I was thinking about getting the kit plus a bunch of one of the colors and making a yoked cardigan with the stranded patterning on the yoke, then solid on the body and sleeves.

Of course I need another project like I need a hole in the head, but I was thinking about cheating in a massive way and trying to figure out my knitting machine. It's for fine-gauge yarns, and the Palette yarn should work nicely in it. I could do the yoke by hand, circularly, then do the body and sleeves on the knitting machine and just have some grafting and seaming. It's darn tempting!

Now I just need to clean the house and get some projects finished so I can consider ordering the kit. LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked at this pattern too and had the same reaction... no horizontal stripes :)

Wouldn't it be easier to knit the cardigan and sleeves up to the yoke, pick up the stitches and knit the yoke upwards to the neck? That way you wouldn't have to do the grafting...

Cheers Eva