Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scrapbooking -- lots of pics!

On Friday of last week Marci and I went to the Creaking Keepsakes Scrapbooking convention here in Tulsa. It was a blast! We took three classes and shopped to our hearts' content.

Here's some of my loot:

That's not all of it, but it's a good sampling. I got a sheet of Technique Tuesday stamps that was on cleareance, some neat gel pens that are really really glossy and raised, some grossgrain ribbon, and a couple of neat paper kits.

The classes were really cool! I especially enjoyed the results from the Jacob's Ladder class. We did two layouts, and I took three pictures of each so you can see how they work.

Layout #1, closed:


Open to the left:


Open to the right:

So you could have a total of five different pictures. (The picture on the smaller striped paper changes, as you can kind of see because in the first picture it's grey, and in the picture above it's tan.)

Here's the smaller version, whic I really like:



Cool, huh?

Here's Marci in the Jacob's Ladder class:


And me!


The first class we took was making a clear acrylic album, and here's the finished (except for pictures) project:

There wasn't as much to it as I'd thought there would be, which was cool. My only problem is that I don't really want a bunch of little books around, as it's so much easier to keep things contained/together if they're in one or two albums. These might be nice to giving to people though.

I took another class on using clear stamps and learned a lot more than I'd thought I would, which is always great. Of course I don't need any help in my addiction to clear stamps, but that's all right. LOL!

-------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to finish up some things to enter in the Tulsa State Fair, and hopefully I'll have a bunch of pictures of the projects in the next few weeks. They're due on September 18 so I'd better get going on them.

I hope you're all having a great week so far!

No comments: