Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bad blogger, O.K. knitter

Ooo, a bad pun! O.K., I'm in Oklahoma, and I'm doing O.K. on my knitting goals. Groan!! That would be the sleep deprivation talking, I think. Kids aren't feeling well so they're not sleeping well, and so neither am I. Whine whine whine.

I'm almost done with my Aran-Weight Victorian Lace Shawl!! I put it on some waste yarn in order to try it on, and I almost couldn't take it off. It's almost perfect!! I just LOVE the 3/4 shape. It stays on like a Faroese shawl and actually goes around my ample self. Yay!! I just need to bind off and dye and block it. Oh yeah, and choose what color to dye it. That's one of the hard things for me.

I also need a dynamite pin for it, and that's making me itch to pull out my jewelry stuff. Actually, what I really want to learn is metalsmithing, but I think my husband will kill me if I start another hobby. Maybe if I clean out this complete disaster of a sewing/quilting/computer/office/guest room. Yeah, right, like that'll happen any time in the near future.

Pictures of the shawl tomorrow, I hope....

No comments: