In this picture you can see the nice, symmetrical increases, unlike in the original pattern from Elann. And the fingers on the bottom edge.
Here's the only picture I got *without* the children. It's not blocked, but you can see the shaping of it.
And here are the children, on top of it as always. It doesn't matter if it's a quilt or a knitting project, if I put it on the floor they'll be on top of it.
I've almost decided on a dark blue for dying the shawl, but I'm not totally sure yet. I thought I'd know by the time I finished it, but I still can't decide. If I do make this one blue, it'll be FOUR blue shawls, although I'm thinking almost navy for this one and the other three are medium-to-medium-light variegated blues. I love reds lately, but I think this shawl is too big and would be a LOT of red since it's worsted-weight yarn.
- pattern: Aran-Weight Victorian Lace Shawl from Elann
- yarn: Wool of the Andes in natural from KnitPicks
- needles: started on US10s (I think) and changed to 11s somewhere in the vine lace. It was kind of a big jump, but the store I made it to didn't have any 10½ circs!! I was too impatient to drag my kids around to the LYSs.
- Started roughly 2½ weeks ago; I wanted to see if (barring pneumonia of course) I could have finished this shawl in the 16 days of the Olympics, and I've come to the conclusion that *wouldn't* have happened. Not to dyed-and-blocked stage, anyway.
This was a fun knit and I'm surprised at how much I like it--I thought it would be too heavy and bulky, but I'm pleased with it.