Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mirror Mirror scarf pics

It's taken me a few days, but at long last here are some pictures of the Mirror Mirror scarf.


I'm almost to the end of the first ball (of two) of the yarn I'm NOT enjoying, but it sure does look cool. The tension is so different between the two yarns; I constantly have to pull the Simply Soft, which slides easily and is nice to work with. The Portofino, on the other hand, constantly pulls against itself, and I'm having to be very careful that I'm knitting with the YARN and not the LOOP. I'll never use it again, but it sure does look cool in this scarf.

I've found the Susan G. Komen Tulsa Affiliate, and last year they had an auction in September to kick off the Race for the Cure (TM) but I haven't emailed them yet. I'd like to donate this scarf for the fundraiser, but we'll see. I know there's a place in Colorado and one in Southern California that are taking scarves specifically, so that's another option.

I just have to finish the dang thing first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Ethan and are reading the blog and looking for pictures of the kids. We both like the pink and white scarf.