Friday, September 15, 2006

Dying Misadventures

One of these things is not like the others....
The two on the bottom and right are the two Delores is going to use for an afghan. I was attempting to dye the top skein (and two others) to coordinate with them. Unfortunately that particular dye recipes is a very very tough one--the red/magenta strikes (absorbs) much more quickly than the yellow or blue, so the red sucked in at once, while the yellow and blue made green in the rest of it. GGRRRRRR

While I love the resulting yarn, it's not what we were going for.

I'm going to attempt to dye the yarn in stages; first the blue dye, then the yellow dye, and last the red dye. So I'll effectively be triple-dying the yarn instead of mixing the dyes in a cup the way I usually do. We'll see--I've got some other things that must get finished before I start playing again.

No comments: