Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Swatching and scarfing

Last night at our weekly Sit N Stitch at Panera I started the Shape It! Scarf from Sally Melville's book The Knit Stitch.



It's going very quickly, and I'm pleased with the way the yarn is looking. I used this same yarn for a drop-stitch Mobius, and I'm considering ripping it out and using it for something with a tighter gauge.

I also did some more swatching for the Rose of England (ROE) KAL, which starts the 9th of this month, I believe. I'm not going to be able to start then, but hopefully soon.

Here are the swatches:

And some more close-up pics:
The big one is on size US3, the top is on 2s, and the bottom is on 0s. I'm strongly leaning toward the 2s because I'm not seeing a lot of definition between the stockinette and stitch pattern in any of the sizes, and if I use the 3s the shawl will be huge. Be sure to click on the pictures to see them big.

2 comments:

Dina said...

Hey Kat, remember me? I'm the goofy one who shows up to Knitwit nights even though I don't live in BA any more! Been missing knitting big time...and finally decided to at least blog if I can't pick up a set of needles. I'll never, ever, ever be as good as you...so I'll just admire your work and read your blog, okay? Take care...hope to see you again some day!

Ann C. said...

I was looking at your blog today and I really like ALL your swatches. I understand that the size 3 may make too big an FO but the 2's do give good defination and a good stockinette. Love the color! I've made several of the Shape It scarfs and they do go fast and are fun to wear.
Ann Carpenter, Dallas, Tx