Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Swatching and scarfing

Last night at our weekly Sit N Stitch at Panera I started the Shape It! Scarf from Sally Melville's book The Knit Stitch.



It's going very quickly, and I'm pleased with the way the yarn is looking. I used this same yarn for a drop-stitch Mobius, and I'm considering ripping it out and using it for something with a tighter gauge.

I also did some more swatching for the Rose of England (ROE) KAL, which starts the 9th of this month, I believe. I'm not going to be able to start then, but hopefully soon.

Here are the swatches:

And some more close-up pics:
The big one is on size US3, the top is on 2s, and the bottom is on 0s. I'm strongly leaning toward the 2s because I'm not seeing a lot of definition between the stockinette and stitch pattern in any of the sizes, and if I use the 3s the shawl will be huge. Be sure to click on the pictures to see them big.

No comments: