Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hanging Garden progress

I've been working quite a bit on my Hanging Garden Stole, and finally blocked part of it in preparation for my talk on lace that I'll be giving tomorrow evening to the local knitting guild.

You can see that it's still on the needles (because I'm on the 5th repeat of the 12 I'll be doing), but I wanted to show how it doesn't look like much where it hasn't been blocked, and then where it has, it's beautiful and lacy.




It's pinned out on a portable ironing surface which is nice for lining up things, although I wasn't being too careful about how even the lines are. It kind of plays with my eyes because of the red lines of the grid but it's handy to have around.

My plan is to pick up stitches all the way around, do a plain round, do a round with a lot of yarn overs, then a plain round, then some beads, then a sideways edging. All that being said, if I get totally tired of it I can just bind off after a couple of garter rows and call it done. :-) But I really want to add beads and do a sideways edging, so we'll see.

I'm using KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud, which is one of my favorite yarns. The needles are bamboo size 2.5mm (between US 1 and 2) that I got through eBay. The pattern is from KnitPicks, Sivia Harding's Hanging Garden Stole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great presentation on lace knitting!! The Guild was lucky to have you do that. WELL DONE!u

Terri said...

Beautiful Work! Looks like State Fair material to me.