Monday, August 08, 2005

August K.N.I.T. Meeting

I just got back from the August meeting of the K.N.I.T. guild, or Knitting Needles In Tulsa.

What a neat group!! There were two young teens working on scarves, which was really neat. And the older ladies are so inspiring!! The amount of talent in that room is just amazing.

I started a new scarf at the meeting, Branching Out from Knitty.com (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html).
I'm pleased with it so far. I've only got one repeat done, but it's looking really beautiful! I'm using the Kid Mohair from Feza that I showed in a previous post. I didn't think it was quite substantial enough single, so I'm using it doubled. I'll get an in-progress picture tomorrow, I hope.

I'm getting way into lace, and hopefully it's something I won't have to wait until the kids are in school to do (the youngest is 18 months...). I just got my hands on a copy of Stahman's Shawls and Scarves (through our wonderful library system), which is an INCREDIBLE book. I'm trying to get my hands on a copy to purchase. I'm thinking that one of the Faroese shawls from that book will be my next project. We'll see, since I have SO many things I want to do! I also joined the Mystery Shawl along on Yahoo Groups, although I haven't started it. Haven't even gotten yarn for it. I'm really enjoying reading about everyone's progress and seeing what all the others are using for it.

Better get the kiddos to bed....

No comments: