Well, I've actually been fairly productive lately--knitting-wise, anyway!
I made a big batch of markers, since I gave some away (waving to Karen and Louise), and I'll need a LOT for the Kiri shawl. I bought some 2" head pins and a package of 35 crackle beads and away I went! I think I came out with 32 markers (since I didn't feel like opening another package of head pins). Not too fancy, but they'll certainly work! Sorry about the blurry picture, but you can get the idea.
Speaking of Kiri, I started it last week and I think I've made good progress on it. I'm using KnitPick's Alpaca Cloud in Sunlight (and I'll probably dye the finished shawl) with US 5 needles.
I've gotten through three repeats of the second chart. I'm really happy with the way it's going! I've been practicing "knitting back" instead of turning the work and purling. It's quite interesting, and I think I like it.
I don't know if you can see the lifelines or not, but they're definitely good things. Luckily I haven't had to use them. Yet. I'm sure I'll be making visits to the frog pond, but so far I've just been able to drop stitches and rearrange them.
I'm very pleased with it so far. If you click on the picture of the shawl, you should be able to see the lifelines. If you want to. You probably don't. :-)