Friday, August 26, 2005

My Web Site Is Down :-(

Well, I checked my blog last night and saw a bunch of little red Xs. Not good. So after some (incoherent) fumbling around, I realized that MY WEB PAGE WAS DOWN. NOT good. Turns out the internet provider (South Central Internet in Southern Utah--they bought out the ISP I liked, AccessWest in Cedar City, who were nice and very helpful and had a good grasp of the English language) was totally out to lunch and had MAILED my registration renewal to the address we moved away from TWO YEARS AGO.

Can you tell I'm a little peeved???? Needless to say, I'll be moving to another hosting provider. Of course they were totally willing to continue to charge me to HOST my web site, despite it not being up. So until they get their acts together, we'll all be looking at little red Xs on my blog and everyone will think I've gone out of business when they can't pull up my page and the emails bounce.

Of course, South Central Internet's slogan is "Your Clear Choice To Cellular." HELLO, "to" cellular???? This has always bugged me and is the main reason I didn't do business with them in the first place. "To" is very different than "for," which is what it SHOULD be.

From the dictionary.com web site, here are the first two meanings:
To
preposition;
1.) a. In a direction toward so as to reach: went to the city.
b. Towards: turned to me.
2.) a. Reaching as far as: The ocean water was clear all the way to the bottom. b. To the extent or degree of: loved him to distraction.
c. With the resultant condition of: nursed her back to health.

Now let's contrast that with "for:"
For
preposition;
1.) a. Used to indicate the object, aim, or purpose of an action or activity: trained for the ministry; put the house up for sale; plans to run for senator.
b. Used to indicate a destination: headed off for town.
c. Used to indicate the object of a desire, intention, or perception: had a nose for news; eager for success.

NOT HAPPY.
I'd tell you to go check out my website at http://www.piecefulstitches.com, but well, you CAN'T right now.

No comments: