Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Fir Cone 3/4 shawl

Well, I've decided to design a fir cone shawl, and I've managed to get it figured out after multiple starts (and frogging). By 3/4 shawl, it's 3/4 of a square instead of the regular triangular shawl, and I've started it lower to accommodate the neck.

Here's a photo of some of my progress:

I blocked the center portion because I just HAD to see how it looked, and I'm very pleased with it. I'm using a yarn from www.handpaintedyarn.com 100% wool lace-weight, color "flirtation." I got three skeins of it from eBay.

After this one I'm going to convert the Frost Flowers and Leaves Shawl from A Gathering Of Lace to a triangular shawl, then I'm going to work out a Faroese shawl, possibly with Fir Cone again. I'll be posting the pattern changes to the FF&L KAL (see button on right).

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Kat, this looks beautiful. I was just looking at the handpaitned yarns website adn thought there must be something wrong on the price of the yarns...$5.95 for 800+ yards? So I want to try some. Do you like working with it. I would like to try the frost flowers shawl, but am not ready to be in a knit along. I haven't had much knitting time lately, but I'm just starting the edge repeat on the Kiri and will be happy to have that finished! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kat for the pattern!Marcella in Holland