Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Kiri dyed and blocking

Here are some pictures of the dyeing process:

That's my Kiri soaking in water and a little bit of Synthropol.

Here's the dyed Kiri:

And here's the shawl blocking, with my 4-year-old daughter next to it. You can kind of see the color change in the lower left wing of the shawl--those aren't shadows. I was going for a more varied effect, but then I messed with it in the dye bath too much. I may re-dye it down the road.

And here's a close-up:

The yellow band is part of the dye effect I was going for, although since I poked at it too much in the dye pot it's not as pronounced as I was going for. I'm very happy with it, though!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

It is turning out beautiful. I hope you model it for us! I need to get cracking and finish mine!

Anonymous said...

Kate - gorgeous! You are going to be able to open your own shop soon. Loved seeing the kids in August. Also love reading your blog...starting a new class tonight on entrelac shawl...hopefully I will get it done before my hair turns completely grey!

Avid Diva said...

Wow, that is GORGEOUS. I only wish I could knit that well! I taught myself how to crochet earlier this year, and it's been a blast ever since. :)