Thursday, June 28, 2007

Confession of Minor Idiocy

I almost hate to admit it, but I have to wallow in my shame for a few minutes.

I made a fundamental math error when calculating how many repeats I'd be doing on my Shetland Tea Shawl border. Instead of 36 repeats, since each TWO rows of edging bind off ONE shawl stitch, there are 72 repeats, not 36.

So instead of being almost finished (and please, don't ask my why I didn't notice that I wasn't even close to half-way finished...) I'm three repeats away from being only HALF finished.

Le Sigh.

It has become blindingly obvious (a little late, DOH!) that there is no possible way this shawl is going to get finished before the first clue of the Mystery Stole 3 comes out tomorrow.

Le Grande Sigh.

The good part is that I don't need the needles from the Shetland Tea Shawl for the Mystery Stole 3, so I don't have to but the STS on waste yarn or anything. I had just really hoped to have one fewer projects going when I started a new one. Oh, well.

It sure did feel like the edging was going unusually fast.

--------------------------

I managed to dye a second batch of yarn for my MS3, since I wasn't in love with the greenish tint to the first batch but Lynn loved it. We went bead shopping (again, for me) and I found some pretty blue beads that should compliment my yarn quite nicely. Of course I'm not going to swatch again since I'm happy with my yarn/needle combination from the last swatch, and the yarn has only changed colors, not weight. Yeah, no comments about daring the knitting gods/goddesses/karma to knock me down again--at least I swatched the greenish yarn. :-)

Hopefully I'll have pics of the yarn tomorrow. I actually blew the yarn dry with a hair dryer, but it was too dark for pics by then. Maybe tomorrow. As Scarlett says, "tomorrow is another day." [I'm feeling a smidge dramatic at the moment. LOL!!]

--------------------------

Totally unrelated to knitting, I had a 3 Musketeers Dark Chocolate Mint candy bar the other day and that is my new favorite candy bar! I didn't really have a favorite before, but oh man, that is just delicious. It came in two little bars so I was able to spread the goodness out over four days. :-) mmmmmmmmmmm yummy!

2 comments:

Romi said...

Not idiocy! Just wishful thinking. :)

Opal said...

Don't feel so bad, we all make errors in knitting math when we want a project to be over and done with.