Sunday, July 01, 2007

Blog Rating

Online Dating


I found this over at a fabulous blog, TECHknitting. I always learn something when I visit, which can't always be said when visiting blogs. ;-) [No, I have no idea why this fun little thing is on an online dating site, but there it is. NAYY, I've never been there before, I'm very happily married, etc.]

I was hoping to get a picture of my progress on the Mystery Stole 3 but we had a day of house cleaning and I didn't feel like I could abandon my wonderful husband while he vacuumed/washed dishes/straightened up to have a photo session with the knitting. [See? Told you I am happily married--he's such a wonderful guy!] Plus, hopefully I'll get farther along on it and be able to show more. I love having a clean house, but with young kids it sure doesn't happen very often.

I'm also working on a cute hat, Miss Dashwood, in a orchid Simply Soft yarn (a soft lavender). It's going to be very cute! I decided to forgo the bobbles and instead just purled a round. I don't think it's going to be any less adorable than it would've been with the bobbles, plus it'll get done faster. It's going to go to DH's cousin who had a baby in April. We just got the birth announcement last week so I'm not doing too badly as far as being behind. I started it last Tuesday and should have it finished by this Tuesday. I'm still on the fence about doing the ear flaps, as I think she'll have outgrown the hat by the time it gets really cold.

-----------------------

Thank you to those of you who commiserated with me over my knitting math stupidity. It's so nice to hear that I'm not the only one who does stuff like that.

-----------------------

DH's boss and his wife are trying to talk me into going with them (and DH) to the Gwar concert on Tuesday night. I'm still on the fence about it (never really been a big fan), not to mention that we'd have to get a sitter for the kids. I'll probably pass on it this time, but it sounds like quite an experience. They come to town fairly often, so maybe next time....

-----------------------

As usual, I should be in bed sleeping instead of sitting in front of the computer. :-)

1 comment:

Opal said...

Yay! My blog is G-Rated too! That was fun. Thanks for sharing. :-)